We have a full range of policies available upon request.
Early Years Foundation and Montessori (Guide to the Early Years Foundation Stage in Montessori settings)
Quality Assured Montessori (QAM) Mark
Children's House Montessori has been awarded the Quality Assured Montessori mark. QAM is an improvement process for Montessori early years practice. The QAM management principles are adopted the British Standards Institute in the 1970s and then formally adopted across the whole world in 1987 by the International Standards Organization. The Award is in recognition of the delivery of the 7 QAM principles, which are
- Delivery - Children's Needs are met and expectations exceeded.
- Purposeful - Everyone thinks and acts with unity of purpose.
- Engaged - All staff are engaged, competent and empowered.
- Processes - A system of inter- related process are followed.
- Improving - Everyone has an ongoing focus on improvement.
- Evidential - Plans are based on data, evidence and experience.
- Relations - Internal and external relations are optimised.
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and the support that enables them to fulfill their potential. Children develop quickly in the early years and a childs experiences between birth and age five have a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in it's own right. Good parenting and high quality early learning together provides the foundation children need to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grown up. EYFS, 2014